EntreFEST Pitch Competition
EntreFEST is happy to partner with the five John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Centers to host a pitch competition during EntreFEST, May 17 – 18, 2018. This partnership provides a great opportunity to contribute to the state of Iowa entrepreneurial ecosystem, while highlighting the Pappajohn Iowa Entrepreneurial Venture Competition.
The competition is designed for startup and early stage businesses in operation for four years or less.
Rules for EntreFEST Pitch Competition:
– Entrants in the EntreFEST Pitch Competition must be registered ticket holders of EntreFEST.
– Each entrant is expected to pitch an original idea for a for-profit business.
– The principal business operations of the business must be located in Iowa.
– Registration deadline is Monday, April 30, 2018.
(The first 30 entrants to register will be selected to pitch at EntreFEST.)
– At the time of registration, entrants must provide a Business Description/Executive Summary limited to 600 words.
– No updated materials will be accepted after registration is complete.
– Entrants will be allowed 5 minutes for their presentations. This will be a hard stop at the end of the allotted time.
– No extra time will be allotted for product set up.
– Pitch Decks and PowerPoints will not be allowed in this pitch competition
– Company officers/members must be 18 years or older at the time of entry.
Pitch Competition Prizes:
$1,500 for 1st Place
$1,000 for 2nd Place
$500 for 3rd Place
Additional in-kind prizes including:
Free enrollment in University of Iowa Venture School
Up to 5 winners will automatically advance to the semi-final round of the Pappajohn Iowa Entrepreneurial Venture Competition provided they submit the required documents and otherwise follow the venture competition rules. Selection will be at the sole discretion of the judges and will be based on the eligibility criteria outlined at here. This year’s Pappajohn Iowa Venture Competition will be awarding up to $100,000 in cash prizes.
Finalists will be announced at the Pitch Competition Party on Thursday, May 17, from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. Winners will be announced Friday afternoon at the conclusion of EntreFEST.